Thursday, May 21, 2015

Walking the Dog

Seriously, time is flying by me!  A week has passed already since I woke up feeling sick??  Is that right?  It probably goes faster because I have to be faster every day to catch up to CJ--which isn't exactly easy given my current condition.  I can relate to several things--penguins, turtles on their backs, beach balls, watermelons.  Just imagine a penguin trying to catch up to a toddler.


5/15/2015-5/19/2015
I don't really remember what happened these days other than church.  It rained some.  The new pastor was officially ordained.  Hubby worked.  I sniffled and coughed.  CJ got into trouble probably while looking adorable.


5/20/2015
Yesterday, I had an appointment with my midwife.  She told me to come up with a birth plan which I have never done before.  My hormones got the best of me every time I tried working on it because I was imagining every single detail of the labor and delivery.  I cannot wait for baby boy to get here!  Hubby was just saying before going to work how much fun it's going to be having "2 of them."  While in the waiting room, a little boy (around 3-4 years old) saw that CJ had a toy in his hands and ran up and grabbed it from him.  While telling him to give the toy back his mom was saying, "Sorry! He doesn't have siblings and isn't around little kids!" CJ could have cared less, but it was funny to think that we'll be dealing with that same situation in no time.

Then we went to get the oil changed, tires rotated, and car washed.  It was a dealership which had a playroom, popcorn machine, coffee, and bottled juice and water.  Needless to say, I had no problem occupying CJ for 45 minutes while there.  Now we have to get new brakes and rotors for our car because apparently they're pretty much non-existent at this point.  We'll be visiting Pa Neuby on Sunday so he can show Hubby how to do them.  I've watched my dad do them on my Malybooboo before so I at least know what they look like! haha.


5/21/2015
Today, I got the idea that CJ could walk Lyna around the back yard.  We don't have a real fence so the dog is attached to a cable when she is outside.  So I left her attached to that and hooked the leash up to her and handed it over to CJ.  I figured he knows by now what to do with a leash since we've been going for walks almost every day.  He loved trying to get Lyna to move.  Of course, she might be crazy when she's alone, but in the company of others she's pretty much like a mule.  Eeyore to be exact.  He'd pull with all his might until he fell down.  I got the idea to record him "walking" her this evening, and I'm so glad I did because he ended up running smack into the gutter.  Not enough to hurt himself, but just enough to make me laugh.

We also locked Lyna in her prison cell and walked to a "nearby" park.  It is exactly a half mile walk from the house  which is exactly how far the park was from my house growing up so I thought it wouldn't be that bad.  Clearly I'm out of shape.  This is the same park where CJ "broke his leg" but just for April Fools.  He wanted to go down that slide again, but I decided against it and helped him go down a different slide.  School had just gotten out so there were a ton of buses and cars driving by while I pushed him in the swing.  It's nice that he is so easily amused.

No comments:

Post a Comment