Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Snuggling is Wonderful

This past weekend, Hubby got to take half of Saturday off and all of Sunday off which is huge!  We were planning on just hanging out, but after finding out that the brakes on our car were in dire need of replacement, we went to Ma & Pa Neuby's house Sunday after church so he and his dad could replace them.  Now he has learned a skill that can be used over and over again in the future.  Also, he got to go to church which was exciting for both of us!  I had someone the other Sunday say, "Now I don't mean to intrude, but I noticed your husband hasn't been here in a while...."  Of course my fingers have started swelling so I don't wear my wedding rings either so I'm sure that only leads to further confusion.  Now I have a Princess Kate ring that I got in a size larger than my regular size to wear so at least something shiny is on my ring finger.

CJ got to feed Jasmine and Ranger some tall clover and alfalfa.  Or should I say just Ranger because anyone who knows these horses knows that Ranger always makes sure he gets fed while Jasmine stands behind begging for food.  He tried giving them some short grass, but I envisioned his fingers getting chomped right off and put a stop to that before he had a chance.

5/25/2015
My plan was to wash all the dirty laundry in the house.  When I put the first load in the dryer and turned it on, an awful noise started in.  There went my plans.  I ended up hanging those outside to dry and waited for Hubby to come home and rescue me that evening. He fixed it!  A piece of sandpaper (from my chair project) had gotten pushed down into the lint trap when I cleaned it out.  Lesson learned:  Don't do laundry when you have a toddler about.  Don't use the top of your dryer as storage space for random things.

We went for a family walk this evening!  Wow, does Hubby walk a lot faster than I can now.  I feel like my pelvis is literally falling apart lately from the weight/pressure of the baby.  So after that walk, I was pretty much beat.

5/26/2015
I got some snuggle time with CJ today!  I had a show playing in the background, and CJ had just woken up a little bit ago so he climbed up in my lap and snuggled with me.  :)  I am really hoping I still get lots of snuggling with him once baby comes.  He never snuggled until the past few months so I feel like I've missed out.

He also started walking like he had just gotten off a horse.  I thought maybe his pants were on wrong or something, but when I changed his diaper, I discovered that he had gotten a really bad diaper rash in just a short amount of time.  Poor thing.  So we gave him some air time after his bath, smeared it with the good stuff before bed, and prayed that it would go away by morning time.

Also, our roof started leaking today in the bathroom.  It was leaking through the bathroom fan/vent/whatever it's called.  The landlord said he would think it would be a condensation issue rather than a roof leak because it seemed like too much of a coincidence for it to leak there to him.  However, I think it would be a bigger coincidence for a condensation issue to happen during the heaviest part of a storm when no one had been showering and running the fan.  We'll see who is right I guess.  The good news is--it's not my house so I don't really care much.  Obviously, if it's leaking into the tub it isn't hurting any of my own personal property so he can do whatever he wants.  Just as long as he isn't replacing the roof when I have a brand new baby. The woman is always right, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment