Friday, May 01, 2015

Not too shabby of a week

Last Saturday, the game was delayed so we took advantage of a few hours of time together as a family and went to my in-laws' farm.  We mostly just said hi to the horses, but it was nice to be together for a change of pace.  Sunday evening, hubby was able to come home from work before bedtime so we built a temporary fence together in the dark.  I'm sure when my neighbor woke up the next day, he was a little confused as to how it got there.  He's been working ever since then so I'm looking forward to him maybe getting some time (a half a day maybe???) off.

CJ, Lyna, and I have just been hanging out enjoying the perfectly perfect weather.  CJ has learned how to kick a ball now which is fun.  It diverts his attention from automatically wanting to throw everything--blocks included.  He also says "ta da" which means "touch down" when he throws a football.  He also says "good girl" pretty well ("goo gir") when he's talking to Lyna.  He has finally started doing the sign for "thank you" to go along with "please."  He officially knows manners!  Now we just have to get him to do them at the right times.  At some point during the week, CJ found my phone and managed to call his dad at work.  I found him sitting on the couch having a full out conversation with him.  I'm not sure how much his dad understood other than "HI!"  We went garage sale shopping this morning, and he held my hand and walked with me at some places or followed close behind me at others.  He also enjoyed picking up little pieces of trash or dirt off of other people's garage floors and handing them to me.  We found some blinds to replace the ones we broke first thing in this house, but that was it.  As we were leaving the sales he would wait until we were almost to the car to say, "Buh bye!"  I love it how people are always trying to say hi to him and be friendly and he usually responds with a blank stare.  Then as they are walking away he'll finally say, "Hi!"  Toddlers are pretty funny like that.  Tonight we were praying before bed, and I had my eyes closed and he leaned in and gave me a sloppy wet kiss that I wasn't expecting.  Next time I sing that one song, "How He Loves Us," I'll have to remember that kiss.  He's definitely the cutest prince I've ever kissed before.

Baby seems to be moving all over the place right now.  I was just thanking God that he hasn't been all in my ribs so far.  Guess what he just moved into?  Ribs.

No comments:

Post a Comment