Friday, May 15, 2015

Who stole the cookies?

5/14/15
Today, I woke up feeling rather sick to my head.  The beginnings of a sinus infection--the symptoms of which I am all to familiar with.  It happens every allergy season usually more than once.  However, I got dressed (in a tshirt that sort of fits and my worst pair of jeans) and went on with my day. I saw a jar of cookie mix that has been sitting on the shelf for a month or so and decided if anything would make me feel better, cookies definitely would be it.  Of course, we had slowly eaten a lot of the chocolate chips and M&M's from it.  So I made the "Healthy(ish) Monster Cookies."  When I mixed the batter up, it wasn't quite sticky enough--very crumbly.  So I added a banana because I am not allergic to bananas if they are baked.  I still need to google if baking bananas kills the potassium or not, but I really need the extra potassium because I get horrible leg cramps nightly and I'm allergic to pretty much everything with potassium in it.  Anyway, on to the funny(ish) part of the healthy(ish) cookies.  CJ has not been a climber--until today.  He hasn't once made it on the kitchen table--just the chairs.  However, I let him have one cookie after he finished his lunch, and that was enough motivation to learn to climb onto the table to steal cookies from the cooling racks.  Every time I turned around, he was on the table stealing cookies.  He cried when I put the remaining cookies in a container on top of the fridge.  I am positive he ate at least 5 cookies yesterday.  At least they were healthy!  Ish.

He also discovered a way to climb up a couple boxes and fling himself over the arm of the couch.  Over. And over.  And over.  And over again.

5/15/15
CJ was pointing out the sliding glass door saying, "Ba!  Ba! Ba!"  I thought maybe he saw a bunny.  Then I realized he was pointing at two little birds.  So I said, "Oh yeah, it's a bird!"  So he proceeded to bounce like a bunny.  I told him, "Birds fly like this."  Then I did my best wing flap and asked if he could do it also.  He sat down and laid flat on the ground.  Dead bird was all I could think.

As a side note, my chair project is coming along nicely I

No comments:

Post a Comment