Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Learning to Talk

It has been wonderful to have a couple evenings with my husband home.  Sitting on the couch doing nothing but watch TV, and getting to talk a little after CJ goes to bed has been wonderful.  However, I told him that while I love actually getting to see him, a part of me just wants to run away to Target or I-don't-care-where all by myself while he stays home with CJ and the dog, but a bigger part of me wants to enjoy the chance to see him.  Baseball season is so hard sometimes.  He hasn't had a day off since the middle of April.  He's hoping to be able to take tomorrow off completely, but even then, he is still guaranteed to get phone calls.  Thankfully my sister in-law was kind enough to watch CJ for a few hours last weekend while I went to a bridal shower, so at least I have had a little breathing time in addition to Sunday mornings at church.

CJ was really trying to make out some new words today, which is encouraging.  According to his pediatrician, I shouldn't worry--he hit the minimum for the amount of words he should be speaking at 18 months.  I think I just worry because so many other kids his age are fluent in the English language it seems.  He was making sounds that sound like water, fan, diaper, and a few other this evening while getting ready for bed.

He also is trying to scale to new heights.  At one point while I was trying to wash some dishes, I looked over and saw him standing on top of a chair at the table trying to get some loose change.  A choking hazard and a fall hazard--great parenting there.

We went for a walk yesterday, and in honor of the new princess, we walked down Charlotte Street.  I told CJ all about how neat it is that the prince was born the same year he was, and that the princess is born the same year his brother will be born.  He didn't seem to care.

No comments:

Post a Comment