Saturday, November 21, 2015

Glimpses of the First Snow

Today we woke up to the first snow of the winter (really fall).  CJ has seen snow before, but he is practically a different kid from when he saw it last.  This was Bubby's first snow ever.  As a background for my story, Hubby went over to his parent's house last night because we were going to have a Thanksgiving meal with his parents, younger sister & her husband and he was in charge of the turkey because Mama Neuby is out of commission due to an injury illness.  I stayed home with the boys because I wanted them to get sleep in the comfort of their own beds.

CJ was the first to wake up that morning.  He started crying right away because I had to break the news to him that Daddy was not at home.  So I tried every parent's go-to:  distraction.  While he was still crying I said, "Do you want to see what's outside?"  So I took him to the front door and opened it to a blanket of snow with more coming down.  His eyes got big and his mouth hung open wide in amazement.  No more tears.

Bubby woke up a little bit later crying as well.  So I carried the crying baby to the front door and opened it to the snow again.  He stopped crying, his eyes got big and his mouth hung open wide as well.  No more tears.

It was one of those moments that you cherish because tomorrow when CJ wakes up, it won't be a big deal to see the snow.  And you only get that first glimpse ever one time with your baby.  You never know when they will see snow for the first time of the year and not be amazed at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment