Friday, November 20, 2015

Oxytocin

Oxytocin is an interesting hormone and I'm sure it is one that God created because he loves us.  It's the cuddle hormone during and after sex.  It's the "time to get the baby out" hormone.  It's the milk making hormone.  It's the baby bonding hormone.  It can help wounds heal faster.  It can increase trust.  It can decrease fear and anxiety.

One of the reasons that science becomes even more fascinating to me the more I learn is because I know that everything was ultimately created by God.  I do believe that God created everything, and I also love science.  And it's a pretty awesome thing to think about how God understands biochemistry and physics.  And I am so thankful that God created oxytocin.

I don't know if anyone else gets this way, and it did not happen when CJ was a baby, but when I nurse Bubby, I get this serious lovey-dovey feeling all the way down to my toes.  I'm not saying I love Bubby more than CJ or anything like that, but it is really weird and really neat, especially knowing that God is behind it all.

I know it's not Valentine's Day, but I guess I'm just thinking about how much I love my family and how awesome our God really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment