Tuesday, October 20, 2015

A death and a baby

This morning, I took the boys and drove down to D-town to attend a funeral.  Saturday, I'll be going to a baby shower.  It always seems to be that they go hand in hand, right?  I'm so thankful for new lives.  And I am so heartbroken over lost lives.  I was able to hug my friend so hard this morning though, and that was the only thing I could do.  I couldn't form words, I didn't know what to say, but hugging her was important.  She lost her mother, and her mother was also my friend.  Older, wiser, and definitely more witty.  I know it keeps a balance and all scientifically, but I wonder why God always seems to place a new baby somewhere in the picture when you lose a loved one?  I am so thankful that He does because it helps you focus on the good in life and remember how short and fragile it is.

I don't even know what I just said.  Babbling.  That's what you do when you're sad.

1 comment:

  1. That is so true. I was pregnant with Chloe when Uncle Hotch passed away, and shortly after Amy found out that she was pregnant with Isaiah. I always felt like they were little blessings sent to help ease the heartache.

    ReplyDelete