Sunday, August 30, 2015

Underwear & a chair!

My goodness is time flying so quickly!  I definitely do not have time or energy to keep up with writing every day or even every week it seems.  There have been so many funny things that have happened and crazy things and worrisome things.

Little Sir is going to be 8 weeks tomorrow and already weighs 15.5 lbs according to our scale (which rounds to the nearest 0.5).  He started smiling and rolling over from belly to back right around 5 weeks.  We were gifted some size 1 diapers and after we finished those he was already ready for the size 2 diapers.  Now we are on our size 2 diapers and will be moving on to size 3 once we run out of those.  Huge babies amaze me!  He has turned into a more laid back soul, but still prefers to be held and cuddled.  We did get some unsettling news that he most likely has what is called "Fabry disease."  It is a disease where his body is lacking an enzyme that breaks down certain fatty lipids in his body and could cause pain, kidney disease, heart disease, and stroke early in life.  There is a medicine developed to help treat it, but it doesn't sound like it is any fun either.  He would start that treatment later down the road as a boy.  We are currently still waiting on the genetic test results to find out what specific mutation he has and will proceed with further testing of myself and CJ from there.

CJ is turning 2 in just a few weeks which is mind blowing!  He decided he didn't want to wear a diaper and insisted on sitting on his potty that we've had sitting in the bathroom for a couple months now.  And he peed in it!  I was amazed.  From what I have always been told, boys don't potty train until they're 3 or older.  Well, CJ (for now) has decided he's not a statistic.  I started letting him sit on the potty when he wanted to and after waking & eating.  He started succeeding quite frequently so just about the time I decided we were going to get rid of the diapers he got sick.  Poor thing had a fever and just didn't feel good.  So I backed off for a few days and once he was doing better we had a "throwing away the diapers" ceremony and said our prayers.  He's done really well so far--only a couple accidents today (Day 2 officially).  I have him in underwear for night at this point, but I'm not sure how well it will work out so I'm playing it by ear as far as that goes.  We changed the sheets 3 times last night, haha.

Hubby & I are doing the best we can.  It's hard at times because CJ has a serious attachment to his daddy, and having 2 little bity ones at the same time has a lot more challenges than I imagined.  I never thought about how people get 2 under 2 from the car into a store safely.  Now I've got to figure out how I'll manage with taking CJ to the potty in public with a baby.  Should be interesting.  Diapers would be easier, but I'm determined. haha.

That's a shortish update, but I'm exhausted and the last little one just fell asleep so I'm going to go "relax" (while thinking about:  "Is CJ going to wake up?"  "Is Lil Sir going to sleep all night finally?"  "Does my dog smell?" etc, etc).

Oh, I also got 2 more chairs to remodel that go with my collection!

1 comment: