Friday, April 10, 2015

Day in the Life

Yesterday was the first day of the official MiLB season for my husband.  He mentioned that I should write down what we do during the day so he doesn't feel like he misses out on as much.  I can't promise I'll write something down for each day.  In fact, I can't promise I'll write anything beyond this post because I tend to forget things like that.  But I can at least start with yesterday.  I will not be writing everything from changing his diaper first thing in the morning to saying our last bedtime prayer of the day, but I can at least share some highlights.

4/9/15:  In the evening, CJ & I had fun running back and forth in the living room kicking, bouncing, and throwing his new ball that he got in his Easter basket.  He thought the sight of me running in circles kicking the ball was absolutely hilarious and fell over in a fit of giggles.

4/10/15:  This kid could live off of pickles if they provided any nutrition at all.  I said the word "pickles" and he ran to his chair, climbed up in his booster seat faster than I've ever seen him do before, and waited for me to bring him a pickle.  I mean, how could I say no after all of that?  He ate 3 pickle spears and a pickle slice.  He wanted more, but I opted for cheese instead.

We shared a snack in one of our pinch bowls  and afterwards, I gave the bowl to him and said, "It's all gone."  He took it and followed our dog Lyna around with it, setting it in front of her to eat from it.  I told him that I didn't think she was hungry for nothing.  He continued to chase her around in circles bent over with the bowl held to the ground while she tried to get away.

I got a Peekaboo Bunny book from Goodwill for Channer's Easter basket.  I feel like we spent half of our day reading it and lifting the flaps over and over again.  Definitely worth the $0.99 to get this kid to sit still long enough to read a whole book.

Baby Number 2 didn't say much, but stuck his limbs in uncomfortable places.

Now I'm wondering when my husband will ever have time to read all of this???  Maybe when he needs a break during his day.  Perhaps I should try to keep the updates even shorter.

1 comment:

  1. I love you so much, sister!!! I am praying for all three of you this season.

    ReplyDelete