Thursday, April 23, 2015

18 Month Checkup....at 19 months

Today was CJ's 18 month well child appointment.  He is really 19 months, but that's what happens when you live in 3 different places during your child's short lifespan.  He's lucky he even has a doctor!  His doctor is so nice & pretty.  She noticed my Jamberry nails and was asking about them.  She just ordered some & was waiting for them to come in.

Anyway, CJ is 33.5 inches tall and 27 pounds 2 ounces.  That puts him in the 73rd percentile for height & 81st percentile for weight.  He started out around those percentiles, but he has pretty much stuck to the 50th percentile since then so I wasn't crazy thinking that he was growing a lot.  I'd also say these are the most accurate measurements ever done before.  He sat very still while they weighed my naked boy, and he was perfectly straight when they measured him too.  Up until then, I've always said it's really just a rough estimate because they squirm so much--especially when marking their height.  He had 2 shots and didn't cry until the second one.  I was so relieved to hear that he doesn't have any more shots, aside from the flu vaccine, until he turns 5!  Then I quickly realized, I'm having a baby in a couple months who I will have to start the whole process over with.  Womp, womp, womp.  :(

We went for a walk to the dollar store down the street to pick up a rug for the bottom of our stairs.  This way if he decides to face plant again, at least he'll be hitting something padded and not concrete.  I got the fluffiest rug they had.  It's blue and reminds me of my middle sister.  After that we played in the backyard & CJ ran around in circles trying to give Lyna hugs while she did her best to avoid him.

This evening, while I attempted to do my workout, CJ just needed to be held.  So I held him while working out.  Nothing like adding a 27 pound weight to all the steps!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. No, it just seems like a color you'd like. A nautical rug would cost more than $10 since it's "in" right now. Who has money to waste like that? ;)

      Delete