Thursday, March 19, 2015

Oh my gosh, it's March 2015!!!

Seriously, where has the time gone?!  Today is CJ's half birthday!  He is a year and a half old, which officially makes him a toddler--crazy!  I am so proud of how well he is doing and how great of a little boy he is, but some days I just really want my baby back.  He is walking--err, running--all over the place.  He still is in love with our dog, Lyna, though sometimes he shows his loves in not-so-loving ways and I have to step in.  He loves throwing balls (or other hard objects).  He is behind in the talking department--only saying a few words and saying the sounds of a few animals, so we'll see if he starts catching up now that he's mastered several of his motor skills.  Thank the good Lord above, he is still a great sleeper--still sleeping 12 hours a night and taking 2 naps a day without showing signs of stopping.  I guess it's a good thing he's growing up though because in just a few months (EDD July 5), we'll be welcoming a second baby boy into the family.

We found out at the last minute that my husband was being transferred to a new team and a new role, so we ended up moving on the day after finding out we're expecting!  Nothing like being bombarded with unexpected, exciting news all at once.  That means that we signed a lease for a house that's not quite large enough for a family of 4, but we'll see how it goes and if we can make it work with the boys sharing a room once Boy #2 outgrows the bassinet in our room.  I really am loving our neighborhood and the fact that our house has only had a couple very minor issues with it since moving in.  We've gotten to meet a few of our neighbors and the mailman, and everyone seems nice (and old).

My extended family has had a lot of health issues lately that I would very much appreciate you saying a prayer for.  My uncle is recovering from a stroke.  My aunt was diagnosed with lymphoma and is currently undergoing chemotherapy to treat it.  My dad also was very recently diagnosed with prostate cancer, and he will be finding out his treatment plan hopefully in the next couple weeks pending insurance approval.

That really is all the time I have, but cheers to a Happy Half Birthday for CJ!

No comments:

Post a Comment