Thursday, March 06, 2014

Hot Cocoa Mix


I feel like I should not be writing about this in March, but it is still currently below freezing with more snow on the way.  While living in California, I did not drink hot cocoa at all as far as I can remember.  Now that I'm back in the Midwest, I drink it all the time.  Instead of having to heat up milk every time I make it, I came up with a way to make it in advance to where all I have to do is add hot water.  You can either turn on your hot water at your sink or do like I do and make a cup of hot water using my coffee maker.  (I don't trust the hot water from our sink, so we always have filtered water in the fridge.)  Here is the recipe:

Hot Cocoa Mix:
3 Cups Store bought Hot Cocoa (We use the Hyvee brand that normally uses 2 TBSP hot cocoa/cup of milk)
8 Cups Instant Dry Milk Powder (in the baking aisle)

Mix the two up together & store in an airtight container.  When you're ready for your cup of hot cocoa, measure 1/3 Cup Hot Cocoa Mix & 7/8 Cup Hot Water.  Stir & enjoy.  (For an extra special touch, you can add a tiny bit of Almond Extract.)


I always like to label my DIY things with the measurements so that when I run out, I don't have to search for the recipe or instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment