Monday, May 14, 2012

We bought a car!


Meet my yet-to-be-named, new-to-me car!

Two weeks and two days ago, my first car "Mallyboo," met her death-tree on the side of the road.  My husband, Peter, was taking a friend to the airport early in the morning, and on his way back, fell asleep for a split second, and missed a turn, but hit a curb and side swiped a tree while driving my car.  Thus, we were forced to find a replacement car as soon as possible.  I can't believe it has only been two weeks and two days since then because the car buying process was NO FUN at all.  We managed to find all the bad cars and bad dealers in Southern California.  (*cough* California Auto Liquidators in Ontario, CA*cough*).  We finally found a seemingly nice auto dealer in Rosemead, CA, and there we found my 1996 Toyota Corolla with only 73K miles (old lady's car).  We bought it for about $800 less than the KBB value, and were smart about it too.  (Carfax report, vehicle inspection all completed.)

It's a big step buying a car without my dad by my side.  It is especially big when buying it with my husband by my side!  He did his best to keep me calm during the whole process, and I did my best to convince him not to tell the dealers that we liked it until after they accepted our offer.  I used to be proud of my Mallyboo because I had worked hard at McDonald's in high school to pay for her.  Now I can be proud of this car, because my husband and I worked together to purchase her.

No comments:

Post a Comment